Increasing DAO participant knowledge on the CORE ecosystem

ARCHIVED

0xBA5ED February 8, 2022, 4:56am #1

Personally I feel like the CORE ecosystem can be very daunting for newcomers, in order for more participation in the DAO (and correct voting of the participants) we will need to inform participants of how everything functions and what we are building towards.

We could for example propose to give out a small grant/bounty to a user/users who help document the ecosystem and all its moving parts.

What do you guys think?

8 Likes

Wrath February 8, 2022, 6:00am #2

I agree, We could create a section or thread within this forum on updates.

There is often common questions that could get answered with a link.

1 Like

Jad_the_Chad February 8, 2022, 6:53am #3

I am happy to help by making mathematical models that show how things work, by varying inputs and projecting outputs.

Main issue with doing that is knowing what figures to use, for instance an article from 12mths ago isnt exactly reliable therefore we need dev input/confirmation on this.

3 Likes

nicetable February 8, 2022, 7:32am #4

Might be worth you speaking with T2’s // X-ray, he knows a lot about charting and where to get the numbers from.

2 Likes

Etienne February 8, 2022, 6:30pm #5

True. This guy made a lot for the CORE protocol

iamcapote February 8, 2022, 7:06pm #6

truth is i am personally working on this along with other mods to present a decent gitbook

9 Likes

justT2s February 8, 2022, 7:50pm #7

@iamcapote has been leading this initiative since October. If devs don’t already have plans to pay him, I will submit a proposal for the governance to retroactively pay him for all the time he has put into both the forum and gitbook. And also setup a structure for how contributors are paid. Writing good quality and reliable content is severely underrated and underpaid. We can fix that.

8 Likes

0xBA5ED February 8, 2022, 7:59pm #8

I had a quick chat with @iamcapote in the TG and he is going to fix the version the has right now and will then post it here for feedback and we can expand on it.

@Jad_the_Chad that sounds very cool and would be sweet to have!

@justT2s I completely agree, I would definitely vote in support

3 Likes

Jad_the_Chad February 10, 2022, 3:30am #9

Have all the recent changes made some of your work redundant?

If not, it sounds like something i could read/understand n build off.

1 Like

iamcapote February 10, 2022, 2:54pm #10

yes they have but i will post what i have so that we can work on it while these changes are defined and explained

1 Like

iamcapote February 10, 2022, 3:14pm #11

FIND IT HERE

4 Likes

Jad_the_Chad February 11, 2022, 2:20pm #12

Thx, nice work. Couple of q’s?

Does the 0.3% from FoT apply to 93% or the 100%
I.e: 0.3 x 0.93 x FoT or 0.3 x FoT?

Does that same 0.3% technically raise the max loan of coreDAO?

What happens with proceeds from loan intrest payments? Are they allocated in some kind of distribution of locked liquidity / core purchasing?

Is the locked liquidity used for any external yield generating techniques? Even

With the 5% from delta forfeits, are they sold immediately or once a threshhold of time/qty or manually?

If these are TBA, undecided or expected to be voted on, i could make something that reflects some options with variable inputs.

1 Like

iamcapote February 11, 2022, 5:26pm #13

1. i am referring to the AMM uniswap transaction fee in V2. this fee is collected for swaping tokens in uniswap. initially every transaction in the pool increased the TVPL inside the ecosystem. this applies to all the token traded within that pool. i modified the text to better reflect what i meant by this.
  2. no the 0.3% fee does not technically raise the max loan. it only could raise the tvpl. the loans are a different parameter but can be adjusted.
  3. loan interest payments go into the protocol owned treasury.
  4. locked liquidity gives core the ability to have floor price, loans, and more. core also has a router that was used for arbitrage now i believe it might have to be updated but it had potential. there are many more posibilities for it and its the responsibility of the dao to follow through
  5. i think delta is sold immediately not sure about what the delay is.

3 Likes

Francis February 12, 2022, 10:35am #14

There’s currently an updated Gitbook in the works, community can take a look at it when its done

3 Likes

Jad_the_Chad February 16, 2022, 10:45am #15

I have a working spreadsheet that calculates every wallets current stake, final %, rewards, the number of FoT Harvested. It was more problematic then I first thought. Its based on the downloads from EtherScan you get for CORE transactions and coreDAO transactions.

The below image goes to block 14197681 which is 3 days ago.

The totals up the top shows 1.68 CORE has been harvested by coreDAO. A bit lower then I had first calculated by 100x… :frowning:

It all runs on VBA, there is no imported code / special features. I’m happy to share the base code with some details about how to run it safely.

MISSING IMAGE